Tuesday, January 12, 2010

3-thread rolled edge w/fishline!

I flipped through pages of the book to see what to try next. Since I'm set up for 3 thread flatlock, I see I can try the 3 thread rolled edge with only minor adjustments, one of which is removing the multipurpose presser foot and putting on the "S" foot. S for standard? I don't know. Reading further, and see that I can put something inside the rolled edge like a cord, wire or fishing line. I remember in Georgie Melot's book the flower made with wire inside the rolled
edges of the petals. I found some 40 wt. fishing line and gave it a try. You see the result in the picture, and it wasn't hard at all, even w/o a specialty cording foot.

Still, I am shopping for feet. I found a pintuck foot already and it's on its way. I watched another episode of Sewing with Nancy where her guest demonstrated the nifty applications of this. My DVR is beginning to get filled up with Nancy's shows now.

No comments:

Post a Comment